[Talk-GB] Oxford meetup

Fri May 30 17:45:53 BST 2008

On 2008/5/30 Ben Ward <ben commercial at sign/snail crouchingbadger
full stop/period/dot three letter abbreviation of the word "company">
wrote:
> Sounds like a plan.
>
> can't remember my mailing list source address at the moment so I can't reply
> on-list.

gmail has a View Original Format thingy buried somewhere in the
whizzbang javascript interface, IIRC.

> If it's sunny maybe Head of the River?  Might be packed though.

Never been there myself, but if it has space... I must do some
research on this, and try to pick somewhere with free WiFi. Didn't
someone on IRC mention another pub on the river that was supposed to
be quite decent (for cider at least)?
http://oxford.openguides.org/wiki/?action=index;index_type=category;index_value=Pubs
seems like a nice list to work from :)

How far do people want to travel out of the city centre?

Do people prefer June or July? I'm assuming that May would be too short notice.

--
Andrew Chadwick