[Talk-GB] Cycle lane in one direction only

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:34:17 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Andrew Chadwick (mailing lists)
<andrewc-email-lists at piffle.org> wrote:
> Ed Loach wrote:
>> What is it we are trying to address here exactly? I'm assuming it is
>> cyclelanes that are part of the road/way as
>
> This is with reference to
>
>   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:cycleway
>
> It is currently *impossible* to represent a way which has a cycleway
> down just one side of it on a road which is not oneway=yes|true|-1.

It's would be a misconception that a cycleway=opposite_lane is
necessarily where you would normally expect vehicular traffic - it
could be on either side of the oneway road. So you can remove the
caveat, and say that none of the current tagging implies the side of
the road.

Cheers,
Andy