[Talk-GB] Any West London mappers out there?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Oct 29 00:34:25 GMT 2008

Ed Loach wrote:
> I notice that the biggest urban shopping development in Europe opens this Thursday:
> http://uk.westfield.com/london
>
> I don't know if anyone in the area is planning on updating the map. I notice the area is currently tagged landuse=construction and there is a label "Westfield London"
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.5074&lon=-0.22135&zoom=16

I went out tonight and mapped the building layout as best I could. (snow
= yes; wet = yes; cold = yes; dark = yes)

I also added in the bus station within the complex (north west corner)
and main parking access road off the northbound A3220 West Cross Road
(guess work). South Bound access too?

Added the missing road names immediately North and South of the complex.

I've removed the landuse=construction for the moment.

> It doesn't make clear how you get to the parking yet (of course). I just thought if we could get the service roads to the car parks added when it opens that would be able to demonstrate the advantages of open mapping.
>
> But perhaps someone out there already has this planned? Or perhaps it is the service road near the roundabout in the southwest corner (not visible on Mapnik)?

I recently added that. Difficult to be sure yet, but looks like it's
only for buses. Added the new bus stops there, some still missing routes.

Regards
 Grant