[Talk-GB] Oneway assumes cars?

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Sep 23 20:31:45 BST 2008

On 23 Sep 2008, at 20:24, OJ W wrote:

> Hi. Just noticed a street that has been marked with oneway=yes, even
> though the lane in the other direction is big, wide, excellent
> quality, and legal to use if you have a bus or bike.
>
> Is the oneway=yes tag implicitly connected to the idea that maps are
> mainly for private cars?

As far as I understand oneway=yes applies to all vehicles on wheels.
Therefore you have to do an exception for the cyclists and the buses.
cycleway=opposite_lane; psv=opposite_lane should do the trick. It
appears that in this case it hasn't been fully mapped.

If it is a highway=footway, then the oneway will apply to the
pedestrians. The same goes for highway=cycleway.

Shaun