[Talk-GB] Wincanton streets in the news

Tim Waters (chippy) chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:37:56 BST 2009

2009/4/7 Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org>:
> I notice this week that Wincanton has a new house estate and the
> streets are getting named after Ankh-Morpork (If any one is going to
> map that I'm not sure where we put the data :)
>
> Is there a way to tag towns with there twin town.
>
> Oh where is Peach Pie Street and Treacle Mine Road.
>
> Peter.

It's one of those life imitating art imitating life things, but there
have been many Treacle Mines in the UK. In particular, Polegate
Treacle Mine in East Sussex, has given it's name to a reasonably new
pub off the A22 :-)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.829606&mlon=0.236614&zoom=17

For a more comprehensive list of mines:
http://www.treacleminer.com/ unfortunately many of these mines are disused.