[Talk-GB] St Neots and Louth

Jack Stringer jack.ixion at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 3 13:28:10 BST 2009

Well tomorrow I am off on holiday, first part of my Holiday is to St.
Neots in Cambridgeshire where I hope to lay down some GPS tracks of
the town. Second part of the trip is going to Cadwell Park Race track
near Louth, Lincolnshire. Again I will lay down as many tacks as I
can. I am no good and getting street names, a quick look at Louth on
the OSM and it could do with some mapping being done in that area.
>From memory I know they have put in a bypass and moved a few roads so
it one of the places that deserves to be on the list of towns that
need a proper mapping session.

The race track is nicely drawn in but not much else is there. No
entrance to the track or anything. So I will remedy that. Might even
start to map the facilities on the track.

I am not too good at mapping stuff yet, still trying to get my head
around JOSM and Potlach in my own local area. But I will try to do
what I can.

The reason for this post is there anyone local to Louth, that could do
the edits if I give them the GPS tracks to reference?
and
St Neots, are there any locals that can tell me the area they want
GPSed as a priority?

On a side note I went out on the motorbike yesterday and covered some
of my local town Shepton Mallet, Somerset. It was fun riding around
the town getting funny looks from people as I went up and down and
around the housing estates. I need to get a hi-vis vest and put
"Surveying on the behalf of Open Street Maps" I was starting to get
worried the police would soon be looking for me because I looked like
I was casing the local area ready to rob it or suchlike. There is
still a fair bit I need to get tracks for, and to draw in, but now I
have a motorbike on the road I will be out more often.

Jack Stringer