[Talk-GB] 3 more changesets from Liam123 for reversion

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:32:35 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:21 PM, David Earl<david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> Peter Miller wrote:
>> 3 more changesets today from Liam123 for reversion.
>>
>> I have added them to the revert page and have copied this email the
>> Andy.
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GB_revert_request_log
>
> You got there before me - I was just looking at those too.
>
> He's making really subtle edits - like moving a supermarket a few
> metres, putting a little hook on the end of a railway bridge, things
> like that, which undermine the accuracy of the map but wouldn't be
> obvious just looking at it, even if you were the author. He moved the
> River Yare estuary by a few tens of metres, which from anyone else I'd
> have accepted as a surveyed correction. He moved a bit of boundary in
> the Orwell estuary near Ipswich and changed a railway to goods with
> lines=8, which again is just plausible but I don't trust it.

I've updated the wiki page. The two changesets I have taken action on*
are vandalism, and I'd be happy to stand up and explain myself. The
other two changesets contain literally hundreds of little node moves
of coastlines and maritime admin boundaries. Since I can't tell
whether they are vandalism or improvements, I'm going to leave my
suspicions to one side and wait for any compelling evidence before I
take action.

Still, this guy needs banning IMHO, and I'm writing to the DWG to say
so. Even though I know they know about it.

Cheers,
Andy

* I'm going to avoid calling it "reverting", since it's not really,
it's just hopefully patching it up a bit. YMMV etc.