[Talk-GB] Old data in XAPI

Russ Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Fri Aug 7 15:12:59 BST 2009

I've been looking at getting pharmacy and hospital information out of
OSM. According to the XAPI wiki page [1], "The data is normally no
more than about 10 minutes behind the main database.", but at the
moment it doesn't have various edits that I've done recently. If I get
all the pharmacies from the UK, the most recent timestamp appears to
be '2009-06-21T16:47:53Z'

The platform status wiki page [2] shows three XAPI servers, with
osmxapi.hypercube.telascience.org up, with the note "Back at last!
Sorry for the long interruption in service.". That's the server I've
been using, so why is the data so old? Is this a temporary issue, or
is it normal for XAPI to be so far behind?

Russ

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Xapi
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status