[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon Aug 17 13:42:34 BST 2009

> but
> one can then do that on the ground.

Any many people are already mapping the footpaths (etc) on the
ground. Each weekend my wife and I try and find time to go for a
walk somewhere nearby which adds at least one public footpath to OSM
based on GPX trace. And if people do add paths using NPE please
remember to tag it source=NPE (as I, and probably others, can then
use this to find paths that need verifying using tools like OSM
mapper at ITOWorld). I thought I found a bridleway that the OS
didn't have when out cycling recently, and only after adding it to
OSM checked their website to find that it is there (my own map of
the area is over 10 years old now, so it must be a fairly new
bridleway).

Ed