[Talk-GB] District Boundaries - N Wales

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sun Aug 23 19:33:28 BST 2009

2009/8/23 David Dixon <david at ddixon.force9.co.uk>:

> In short, Wales includes the adjacent sea - don't ask me to what
> distance from land though!

One would infer from that that it includes all Uk waters round Wales
(is that 20km or something), except where that would meet other
national water, where I'm guessing its half way.....

I did hear of one place where the English/Welsh board ran down a
middle of a residential street, Houses on the RIght in Wales and on
the Left in England, I believe it was on TV a few weeks ago. ie
different Tax, Bin Day and Prescription Charges etc.

If wales does not extend beyond the high water mark, we'll all put
houses on stilts in the sea (between high and low water to avoid
council tax.

Peter.