[Talk-GB] NAPTAN update?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Aug 26 11:48:20 BST 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 13:21, Thomas Wood wrote:

> 2009/8/17 Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com>:
>> I'll start the imports tomorrow. I think it'd be wise to spread them
>> around the country so one group of people aren't entirely swamped
>> with
>> several counties.
>>
>> As such, I'll start with Hull, Greater London and Suffolk, mostly
>> picked based on the impression of eagerness for this to happen in
>> those regions to begin.
>
> Shall we continue with Hull and Suffolk now?

I see that there are another 16 counties where a NaPTAN import has
been requested[1]. Personally I have found the Suffolk data to be very
helpful and would recommend that we get on with it. There is a
Baslidon mapping party in Essex coming up and it would be great for
them to have the data in first.

We did spot one gremlin in the source data in the formatting of change
versioning which resulted in a small number of excess stops being
imported. We have discussed this with the DfT/Traveline and they will
get it fixed at some point but lets not wait for that. Can you do a
work round Thomas? If not I would suggest we get on with it anyway as
any issues will be picked up on the ground survey anyway.

Am I right in assuming we are only importing bus stops on this pass? I
notice that some ferry terminals were not imported in Suffolk - not a
problem but it would be good to get the railways entrances, ferry
terminals tram stops and indeed the ATCO codes for railways stations
etc in at some point.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Request_for_Import

Regards,

Peter