[Talk-GB] Uk Missing Major Roads.

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Aug 27 18:49:25 BST 2009

2009/8/27 Jack Stringer <jack.ixion at googlemail.com>:
>> I mean if you look at the A2 it looks and feels like a Motor Way (Hard
>> Shoulder, Slipways, 70MPH) all the way till Wilmington it just happens
>> that Tractors and Learners are aloud to use it (I would not advise it
>> however). Many bits of the M2 beyond Gillingham are actually smaller
>> (Only two lanes).
>
> With the A2 it might be like some of the A1(M), by calling it a 'A'
> road it means that they can put in traffic lights and roundabouts. If
> it was to be a motorway then they would have to change junctions etc.
>

> Jack Stringer

Better make this clear before it gets out of hand the A2 is a trunk
road not a motor way and I'm not thinking of changing it! It would
make nonsense to everyone (Unless someone regrades it, which may or
may not happen)

However at to the A289/A278 Medway Bypass I'm not sure I understand
why this is Primary not Trunk....

Oh and one of my Roads in Gravesend is the B262. So we are going to
need to do some major work at the Mapping Party.

Peter.