[Talk-GB] Is there an operating railway line to the east of Sleaford?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Aug 28 15:16:23 BST 2009

Peter Miller wrote:
> Anyone fancy a bit of detective work on a railway line? Question:
> Is there an operating railway line to the east of Sleaford in
> Linclonshire and how many tracks does it have?

I suspect you're talking about the Sleaford Avoiding Line. I believe it's operational in the southbound direction but only used for diversions and occasional freight, not currently operational northbound.

IIRC Ross Hamilton (a Lincolnshire train driver) has posted observations on it in uk.railway passim, but Google Groups search is, once again, broken so I can't confirm.

cheers
Richard