[Talk-GB] Tenfoot

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 20:05:32 BST 2009

In many towns and cities in the UK there are small ways behind rows of
houses.  In my part of the world (Yorkshire) we know them as a tenfoot
(they are traditionally 10 feet wide).

I have not mapped many - they often seem private to the houses, but
today I did follow a couple.  I wonder how everyone else would tag
them.  I have tentatively tagged them as highway=alley (not yet in the
map features) since this feels a bit more international than tenfoot.  I
could use highway=service, I suppose they are service roads, but they
feel a bit different from a service road leading to a fuel station or
supermarket, particularly narrower and with very sharp corners around
buildings.

Any ideas?
cheers, Chris