[Talk-GB] Postcode data to be free in 2010 - well not exactly.....

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Dec 9 21:29:18 GMT 2009

On 9 Dec 2009, at 15:18, Dave F. wrote:

> *I'm sure this is old news to some of you, but...
>
> **http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8402327.stm

Arhhh. but

"Correction - Poscodes will not be free"
http://giscussions.blogspot.com/2009/12/correction-poscodes-will-not-be-free.html

The government and others seem to be learning lessons the hard way
about the many difference versions of 'free' and 'free'. The Royal
Mail is offering free beer (well a maximum 4 sips a day as long as you
don't get much joy from it), the BBC thought it was going to be free
speech, or was it the government who though that 4 sips a day was what
we wanted, anyway, I think a lot of people in government are going to
be paying a lot more attention to licenses from these organisations in
the near future and scratching their heads.

Regards,

Peter