[Talk-GB] North Sea Cycle Route (EV12)

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Sun Feb 1 19:22:20 GMT 2009

Hi

Before I start a new relation I'd like other people's advice.

The North Sea Cycle Route is on this page, incorrectly, as NR1:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_Kingdom_National_Cycle_Network
The route actually arrives at Harwich International Port and joins NR51 at a junction in a park that I visited yesterday.

This page suggests that there isn't yet a relation for EV12:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/EuroVelo

The map on their official site:
http://www.northsea-cycle.com/default.asp?id=2&mnu=2&lang=1
Incorrectly follows NR51 all the way to the foot ferry, which might get you to Suffolk but not internationally. The section of NR51 from where EV12 joins NR51 back towards the foot ferry isn't signposted as North Sea Cycle Route.

So, do I create the new relation and then add all the ways that are shared with NR51 to this new relation as well? I'm assuming the answer is yes. Especially as some of NR51 I've also just added to The Essex Way (walking route) relation.

Thanks

Ed