[Talk-GB] Possible new project- opensatnav.

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:53:56 GMT 2009

Hi, all.

Forgive the shameless plug!

I've been using AndNav2 (http://www.andnav.org/) for a bit, on my G1
'phone.  Whilst it is still in early development, it looks promising
as a satnav solution. Unfortunately, as much as I have tried, it
doesn't look like this will be truly open-source software.  If you are
not into such things, then you can safely stop reading this message.

If software freedom, development of good code and OSM based stuff is
interesting to you, you may be interested in a new project that I've
just started to think about.  The working title is "opensatnav".  For
those from an open-source background, you'll be familiar with the
naming convention!

For further details of this possible new project, please see here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Opensatnav.org

Happy mapping!

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/