[Talk-GB] Mapping the unloved and unwashed

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Feb 11 09:15:19 GMT 2009

> Lincolnshire is still on my list for 2009

<snip>

Not sure whether it is of any use, but I did a couple of hours
mapping in Lincoln fairly recently, and had expected to have much
longer. So in advance I'd made myself a bit of a cake diagram, and
in case it was of use to anyone else added it to the Lincoln wiki
page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lincoln

Lincoln is fairly small, and I suspect a dozen mappers could
probably finish mapping all the roads in a day. Adding lots of POIs
as they go may slow that up a little. The bit I did by car was
hampered by the one way system, where on bike you could get off and
push to take short cuts (or if you're one of those cyclists who
doesn't deserve their wheels you could even cycle the wrong way down
a one way street).

Ed