[Talk-GB] Coder/s needed for new open-source mapping project: opensatnav

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:57:11 GMT 2009

Hi, all.

I'm looking for a volunteer coder or maybe two ( :-) ), to have a go
at opensatnav.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Opensatnav.org

Project objectives:

a) Initial idea is to set-up an opensatnav application that can be
used on T-Mobile/ Google's G1 hand sets, and the Openmoko handset.

The AndNav2 project has done some excellent work, but the core code
isn't open-source- I think this is slowing development.  Porting to
other platforms will follow, hopefully.

b) All code must be licensed openly. Preferred licence GPLv2? This
means that we have transparency and hopefully others will help the
project grow.

Can anyone help?  Drop me a line, or reply on the list.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/