[Talk-GB] OT: Britglyph project

Ben Ward ben at crouchingbadger.com
Tue Jan 6 12:09:57 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

Sorry for the off-topic here, but there's a small project going on at
the moment to make a "glyph" across the UK

http://britglyph.com

Effectively it's a bit like geocaching except you take your own stone
and photograph it there.  Perhaps this is too far off-topic for most,
but I did map some roads in Berkshire while I was at it, which I just
wouldn't have done otherwise. Bear in mind the deadline is the 9th
Jan.

Interestingly there's a particular lack of people in the South (mostly
Hants/Wiltshire/Dorset) which kind of ties in with the patchy coverage
in OSM for some of the southwest areas. Here be dragons and tinfoil
hats. ;-)

Ben
--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com