[Talk-GB] South Hampshire "Fill The Names" party - March 14/15

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 11:32:48 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,

Would like to give advance notice of the next mapping party in the South
Hampshire area. This area is now increasingly well mapped, with footpath
coverage in particular well above the national average. However there's
one big problem. There's loads of streets in the Fareham, Portsmouth and
Havant areas, but.... very few have names!!!

So I'd like to propose a "fill the names" party for the area for the
weekend of March 14/15. No GPS needed, just turn up, though do bring yours
along if you have one as there may be odd streets missing from the map.

More details to follow. Andy S - since you're in that area more than I am,
can you recommend any good meeting venues in the area (e.g. wifi, good
beer)?

Nick