[Talk-GB] heathorw expansion & sipson

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:11:10 GMT 2009

Before heading out there please check the no names map and perhaps detour
your journey if you can collect names along the way. There are some big
areas that could do with an inside the M25 no-name mapping party.

I would join you but I'm not back home till Easter now. I think contacting
local mappers directly would be good if it can be done. I know someone who I
think might stretch to that area, I'll inform them.

2009/1/16 Andy Robinson <ajrlists at googlemail.com>

> Thomas Wood wrote:
> > A good idea, if we had a (weekend?) mapping party over there we could
> > also spread out to the north - the North West of London is quite
> > barely mapped
> >

> Yes, I noted while driving in along the M4 last week that the area to
> the north of the M4 opposite the airport needs a lot of work.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
> >
> > 2009/1/16 graham <graham at theseamans.net>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is anyone interested in creating a really detailed map of the area to be
> >> destroyed by the Heathrow extension. The area (the villages of
> >> Harlington Sipson and Harmondsworth:
> >>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.4807&lon=-0.4559&zoom=14&layers=0B00FTTT
> >> )
> >>
> >> is basically mapped, but there is quite a lot of detail missing: the
> >> tracks through Harmondsworth Moor (the old Accomodation Lane), the
> >> refugee detention centre, the tithe barn in Harmondsworth, the
> >> Greenpeace owned land in Sipson, according to news reports 100 listed
> >> buildings, various bits of industrial use, etc.
> >>
> >> I will carry on with it but it's a longish cycle ride for me to get
> >> there, so if there are others around interested it might get done
> quicker.
> >>
> >> (please DON'T use yahoo or google maps to speed it up - the area has a
> >> lot of gravel extraction pits which move round quite quickly - they get
> >> refilled for farming use - and none of the aerial photos I've seen are
> >> up to date with the current positions)
> >>
> >> Graham

Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com