[Talk-GB] Trying to upload postbox

Gregory Williams gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 21:25:50 GMT 2009

You're doing nothing wrong. It's there on the map:

http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=51.419363364544196&lon=-0.1673871
1848297&zoom=17&layers=0B000F000F

I can think of two reasons that you couldn't see it:
(1) I see that you entered the data last Friday (the 16th). You looked
at the Mapnik rendering of the map (the default on
www.openstreetmap.org), which is gets updated on a weekly basis some
time starting each Wednesday. [It's on the Mapnik rendering now,
though.]
(2) You didn't zoom in far enough. Features like postboxes are only
shown on zoom levels 17 and 18 for Mapnik and just level 17 (there isn't
an 18) for Osmarender. Otherwise the maps would simply be too cluttered.