[Talk-GB] Efficient processing of map data for rendering (BOINC).

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:33:18 GMT 2009

I just looked at the Tiles installation instructions, and it looks
like a nightmare.  It also seems strange that people struggle to
install, when open source easy to install products exist.

I looked at the install for Debian and Ubuntu, and having used
GNU/Linux for 10 years, was surprised at how off-putting it is.

I've got no idea of the history of Tiles, but are we trying to prove
something by making it difficult to use (by the documentation's own
admission)?

This isn't meant to start flaming, it's just an OSM newbie's slant on things.

BTW, loving the whole project and am aiming to slowly map the whole
planet, then maybe beyond ;-)

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/