[Talk-GB] How to add roundabouts?

Kærast kaerast at newscloud.com
Fri Jan 30 10:44:10 GMT 2009

One thing the wiki page on roundabouts doesn't explain is that routing
software needs the roundabouts to be tagged highway=* in order for it
to be used.  I don't know if this is an issue with the routing software
or whether the wiki page should be edited to make this clear, but for
now highway=* is important on a roundabout.

I discovered this last night whilst trying to route around north
Lincolnshire, and this morning pulled junction=roundabout for the whole
of the uk to look for other non-routable roundabouts.  There were 53
roundabouts without a highway=* tag so I added highway=road and a
FIXME tag for all of them.

Before we go on to do the same thing for the whole of Europe, is it the
routing software or the wiki page that is wrong?

--
Alice