[Talk-GB] printing from website

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Jul 14 21:10:50 BST 2009

Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 14/07/09 18:21, Chris Fleming wrote:
>
>> I find that the print in firefox works very well. The print stylesheet
>> ensures that only the required parts of the page get printed. The only
>> caveat, is that if I switch from portrait to landscape mode then the
>> attribution is printed on the second page, and there could be a little
>> tidying up of the fonts to match the fonts used on the front page.
>
> Page splits will be entirely dependent on the size of your browser
> window - it will scale the map to fit the width of the page and then if
> there isn't enough vertical space for everything it will wrap to a new page.

That's my experience in printing from Firefox too - a single sheet with
one line. (Doesn't it reformat the map to fill the page as it would on
screen, hence making this inevitable?)

You could do an @media print in the CSS and set the attribution to
absolute positioning top and left some suitable value to avoid intruding
on the image much.

[There really ought to be a name for these single sheets that so often
are just one line of legal stuff (or even "save the environment, don't
print this") - how about "dregsheet"]

David