[Talk-GB] printing from website

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Thu Jul 16 15:26:46 BST 2009

On 15/07/09 19:36, Nicholas Barnes wrote:
> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> Page splits will be entirely dependent on the size of your browser
>> window
>>
> Unless the 'print' link generated a PDF, of course!

Except this is overkill in most cases when you just want a quick print
out. As a user if I click on a print link I don't expect to have a PDF
downloaded which I then need to open in another bit of software before I
can print.

We could link to a page with a fixed width map (I think this is what
google maps do) rather than the variable width, but this fails as the
width would need to depend on what paper is being used and the
orientation of the page...

Cheers
Chris