[Talk-GB] Estimating coverage

Jack Stringer jack.ixion at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 19 18:46:30 BST 2009

Do you expect the DfT to even have an idea of how many road they have
to look after. It would not surprise me if their own list is no where
complete.

I think we will always have larger figures because we can measure ever
meter of road and likley the DfT is just measuring the lengths
according to what you can measure on a physical map.

But still its a worthwhile endeavour because as it has already
highlighted there are counties out there that need more data before we
even catch up with the likes of the DfT.

Is there any data for how many road miles Garmin, OS have. They
usually like to have a figure to use in advertising. If we have a
target then we can try to catch up with that.

Oh just a thought, does the calculations include toll roads? Do the
DfT monitor these in their figures? (M6 toll, Severn Bridge etc.)

Jack Stringer