[Talk-GB] Liam123 is still active unfortunately

Godfrey Bartlett Godfrey at qichina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 20:50:32 BST 2009

Hi all,

I had the same problem with reverting some of liam123's edits as Peter
described. Although the reversion looked ok, the upload in Potlatch went
ok, when viewed the data had not changed.
The liam123 edits that didn't seem to respond to Potlatch reverts were
major changes in the positioning of ways. Simpler reverts of changes in
tag (eg landuse: leisure changed back to the correct 'industrial')
seemed to work ok however.
In the end a complete JOSM delete and re-draw of ways in my home town of
Brentwood was required.

I'm new here, but  if there is anyway that  a blanket  revert  for all
edits by a malicious user can be implemented it would get my support. I
spent ages yesterday getting rid of all signs of a new mythical
underground railway running throughout Essex from Upminster to
Billericay, Brentwood and beyond. Edits like this are easy to spot, it's
harder to detect the many spurious non-existent pubs or amenties that
this tiresome person has dotted all over the map.
Such a waste of time when there is so much else to do.

Best wishes,
Qichina