[Talk-GB] Reverting all Liam123's edits

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Jul 21 10:26:32 BST 2009

On 21/07/09 10:05, Alice Kaerast wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:00:25 +0100 (BST)
> Steve Hill<steve at nexusuk.org>  wrote:
>
>> If there is a user who (by general consensus) is making nonsense
>> edits and is continuing to do so after having been taken to task by
>> email, I would have thought the first thing to do is to ban the user
>> from making edits before considering what to do about the edits they
>> have already made. Bonus points for being able to display a message
>> explaining *why* they've been banned when they next try to edit
>> stuff, with details of who to contact to resolve the situation.
>
> That's the most sense anybody has spoken on this so far!  Clearly the
> user needs banning from making edits until we decide whether or not to
> revert all the edits.  I have heard nobody suggest that this user's
> edits are not nonsense, so why are we still arguing over what to do
> about this?!

Well because banning people is not something we do lightly!

As the person with the technical ability to do it I would generally only
do so with the agreement of the Data Working Group - only dire
emergencies would lead me to apply a block directly without such a
request from the appropriate body.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)