[Talk-GB] Reverting all Liam123's edits

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Wed Jul 22 21:00:35 BST 2009

On 21/07/09 16:39, Mark Williams wrote:
> My 2p;
>
> He has been very active around "my" area and I have had to put in some
> work righting wrongs; there are more out there than I have fixed&  I
> believe the original was better than the fixed version in some cases.
> Although some of my time has gone into re-edits, I would prefer to see
> him reverted completely. If I lose an occasional addition, it will be
> worth it.
>
> If he's a bored teenager in London, there's a Dartford mapping party
> coming up next weekend; I'll even offer a lift&/or mentoring! It's the
> summer holidays now so if he likes b*ggering about in OSM, the next 6
> weeks could be problematic! If he's not interested in being
> constructive, +1 for a ban.

I wonder if some kind of soft ban might be a good way to deal with this.
The idea being that the next time the user logs in they are presented
with a message to the extent that there has been some concern over their
edits, with some kind of explanation of what they have done and a offer
of assistance. And a warning that further unwarranted edits might lead
to further action and an Agree and Continue button.

If further edits are still not productive then we would have a clear
audit of a warning being issues and assistance being offered.

Cheers
Chris