[Talk-GB] SOTM 2007 - Liberating GIS from the OS

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Fri Jul 24 10:31:40 BST 2009

Hi

At SOTM 2007 Michael Calder talked about a project he was working on
to scan in all of the old out of copyright OS maps and then to
digitise them to get georeferenced raw data out. Since then I haven't
heard anything about the project so I was wondering if anyone knows
what he's up to with that? His email address is on his user page but I
thought I'd ask here first rather than hassle him directly. There's a
bit more info on his user page here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Michaelcalder

Any clues? No particular reason for asking but for some reason I
remembered the project last night and I'm sure by the time-scales he
mentioned he should be well underway.

John