[Talk-GB] Roundabout, ways and relationship policies

Jack Stringer jack.ixion at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:00:16 BST 2009

>> Why do we cut them up for the bus routes? Wouldn't it be easier to build a
>> navagation app at does the calculation using all the stops as waypoints.
>
> The resulting calculated route might not actually match the route the bus
> really takes.  You might argue that it doesn't matter so long as the bus
> goes via all the stops, but IMHO it is wrong since there may be reasons for
> knowing the route the bus actually takes rather than just what stops it goes
> via.

I am not a bus spotter or a photter but why would I want to know what
route the 172 Bus takes? Other than from a route planning PoV so that
I don't get stuck behind them all the time.

I understand that people would like to put bus routes into OSM but
does it have to require the cutting up of roundabouts and junctions? I
would not go around cutting stuff up just so I can put in a route of
ice cream van.

Jack