[Talk-GB] Roundabout, ways and relationship policies

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:37:22 BST 2009

One of the things I like about German street maps is that they mark trams
and buses. Even stops. Even stop names (sometimes). I got a text from my
partner asking "arrived Wuerzburg; what number bus do I get for
Veitshoechheim?" and I found out, found the correct stop, and could give
precise directions to the house (double brownie points). Courtesy of buses
and houses being in OSM.

I would say there's an ephemerality threshold that needs to be met, but that
is determined by the number of editors willing to add/update the info, not
purely the change frequency. Street maps in the UK don't have bus info in
them, but that's not going to stop me putting it in for Oxford. Feel free to
use the info when you visit.

I'm certainly finding that doing relations in Potlatch could be a bit
easier, but have tried to make appropriate suggestions to get improvements
made. If you can add ways to relations easily, it won't matter so much that
they are (have to be) short. Thinking about it, a scroll-lock feature would
be good (automatically recentering each time you select something more than
x from the centre).
Richard