[Talk-GB] Adding unofficial cycle routes

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:00:29 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:

> Looking at it the best way to do it would be to create an Overlay and
> add it on top of OpenLayers... However the simplest way to do this
> currently is probably to use Google Maps My Maps Feature. :( What we
> really need is someone to produce a database of layers like the
> My-Maps on Google. Cloudmade Location Management might be a good thing
> to look at too.
>
> This probably needs to be a plugin for a wiki/blog so that its easy to
> use. ie Drupal, WordPress, etc.
>
> Peter.

I started to glaze over reading that. That's 20 things I'd have to look up
before I even knew what you were talking about.

If it's low-density, unchanging, undisputed, useful geodata, then why make
not make it available to people that want to use it? Just create tags so
that you know whether your usage needs to ignore the data or not.

Richard