[Talk-GB] Speed Limit - Trains Was: Re: maxspeed field - what units should we use. etc

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jun 5 10:19:06 BST 2009

Peter Miller wrote:

> Fyi, Joss (who works for ITO) is  in the process of preparing a new
> OSM railway wiki page in his user area which lists lines and gives
> relations where they are available.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:JossSmithson/UK_railways

Joss's work had been noticed, mainly because there was some question
over where some of the data had come from. In the end we decided it had
probably from Wikipedia, although that does of course leave open the
question of how Wikipedia knows that the Hertford East Branch line is
SRS 05.03 ;-)

Incidentally, looking at that just now I see that the relation for that
branch has been extended all the way down to Broxbourne station rather
than terminating at Broxbourne Junction where it joins the main line and
I'm wondering if that is the best thing to do?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/