[Talk-GB] Freemap (OSM for walkers) - increased coverage

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:57:59 BST 2009

>For example, for public footpaths are you including all
>highway=footway/footway=yes ways, or are you using the slowly
>increasingly used tag that I read about somewhere of
>designation=public_footpath?

As stated in my original message, highway=footway/foot=yes are *not*
recognised as public footpaths by the renderer, because there are too many
instances of usage of this combination for things which are *not* public
footpaths.

To match a public footpath it has to be either foot=designated and horse
not equal to designated, or designation=public_footpath.

Nick