[Talk-GB] Counties and coasts

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 13:08:52 BST 2009

Having looked at this and other counties elsewhere, the coastline in
some places is clearly a poor choice for the county and regional
boundary.  Off the Northumberland coast the Farne islands and the very
substantial Holy Island are apparently in the UK, but not in
Northumberland, which is patently wrong.  I think the county boundaries
need to be added just off the coast which would then allow the diversion
out into the sea to include the various islands around our coast.  I've
emailed the East Yorkshire council (my local one) to ask them where they
think their boundary lies, but judging by past such requests it will
take some time for them to reply.

Was the alteration to Bristol part of the addition of the English Regions?

Cheers, Chris