[Talk-GB] Tidying up wiki pages for the UK

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Mar 9 16:44:30 GMT 2009

It's been a while since I looked at the South Cambridgeshire wiki
details, as I've been working elsewhere, so it seems I missed the
milestone that S Cambs was completed (to roads/names/POI) level in
November 2008. S Cambs completely surrounds Cambridge and runs almost
over to the A1 in the west, and it was that western edge that was sparse
until quite recently.

With the work on East Cambs (Ely, Littleport & Soham = 30,000), Hunts
(Huntingdon & satellites = 40,000), NW Essex and W Suffolk (Newmarket,
Saffron Walden and Royston = 50,000), there's now an area of maybe 3,000
sq km and 350,000 people contiguously complete around Cambridge.

St Ives (15,000) and St Neots (40,000 inc Eynesbury and Eaton Socon) on
the edge of this area appear to be progressing and Bury St Edmunds
(40,000) to the east is almost done (though some villages in between
mean it won't be connected to the rest just yet).

David