[Talk-GB] Parish boundaries

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Wed Mar 11 14:40:38 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 02:08:35PM +0000, Chris Hill wrote:

> Does anyone know any other source of this info that is available and
> up-to-date?

Often the *only* source of this information is the OS derived
dataset that the Church Commissioners use.  I'm confident that I'm
one of only 4-5 people who could draw anything like the parish
boundary of St Aldate's Oxford from memory, and that's only because
we have refered to the Church Commissioner's OS maps when
border-line requests have come in for reading of Banns/etc. If the
vicar, church staff and parishioners don't know where the boundary
is ("local knowledge"), then the only people that do are the OS and
Church Commissioners.

Sorry