[Talk-GB] What should we do with the towns/cities section on the

Richard Bullock rb357 at cantab.net
Wed Mar 11 18:29:43 GMT 2009

> Before we start are people happen with using ceremonial counties (such
> as Cheshire and Berkshire) at this top level? Cheshire was split into
> two unitaries a few weeks ago!

Ceremonial counties sounds reasonable as they're unlikely to change that
often unlike administrative districts - and if you start using anything too
historical then what's on the ground could be difficult to equate with
what's on the site.

Actually you've slightly jumped the gun with Cheshire.

Cheshire becomes two (four actually if you include the two that already
existed which are still part of the Ceremonial county) unitaries on 1st
April.

Richard