[Talk-GB] Brewery tagging

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Mar 18 10:36:37 GMT 2009

Hi

Does anyone have suggestions on how best to tag breweries if you only have a node and not a building= area? I've looked through the wiki and the "creating a proposal" page mentions:
"you want a tag for a 'brewery' - consider searching for 'beer', 'manufacturing', 'alcohol', 'industrial', 'plant', 'works'"

I was at Farmers Brewery in Maldon last night and have tagged it as amenity=brewery for now, and then looked at other breweries that sprang to mind to see how they were tagged. The Felstar Brewery is in a vineyard, so I've actually got that tagged as landuse=vineyard, and one in Bury St Edmunds is tagged landuse=industrial (with a visitor centre attraction). Banks's (or is it Marstons these days) in Wolverhampton isn't tagged at all. Then I gave up searching and thought I'd ask here how others do it. I tried tagwatch and there are quite a few brewery= tags which I believe are to indicate who owns a given pub, and there are a couple of poi=brewery.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks

Ed