[Talk-GB] Route planner using UK OSM data

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Mar 26 22:20:10 GMT 2009

> Encouraging dual-carriageway rather than single will need some
> way of
> detecting one rather than the other.  Perhaps lanes=n (n>1) and
> oneway=true would work if enough people tag them like that.

Oneway=yes these days <g>, but otherwise I liked this idea so much I
recorded waypoints each time the dual carriageway changed from 2
lanes to 3 and back on the A120/A12 route between Clacton and the
M25 today (this morning one way, and this evening the other). At
some point I'll try and get around to adding the appropriate lanes
tags soon (though I also have quite a few roads to add in the
Winnersh area, and after a 4am alarm it won't be this evening).

Ed