[Talk-GB] New South Downs National Park

Donald Allwright donald_allwright at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 15:15:29 BST 2009

I've just seen the announcement for the new South Downs National Park, which you can find here:

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/conservation/designatedareas/new/southdowns/default.aspx

Clicking through this you can download various PDF files with further details, including maps of the boundaries. Quite an exciting development in my view, as the area will be subject to much stricter planning regulations.

Unfortunately, all of these maps seem to be contaminated by the dreaded Ordinance Survey copyright licence, which means we're unable to make use of this information. So the question is, how can we map the boundary of this new national park? I suspect in due course various signs will go up on the ground showing where the boundary is, but there's no guarantee that all sections will be clearly signed, and in it will probably still be a few years before even that happens.

Donald

 When the winds of change start blowing, some people look for shelter. Others build windmills.
-- Ancient Chinese Proverb.
http://donaldallwright.blogspot.com