[Talk-GB] MK mapping party

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Mon May 18 11:25:02 BST 2009

> I get the message, clearly our Scottish folk are feeling unloved too ;-)

I think its more of a problem that the "Scores" are done "Per Head
Population" Rather than land area. Its just important that The
Highlands and Dartmoor get mapped as it is that London or Birmingham
get done, In just as much detail.

Not That land area works either. If there is nothing happening what is
there to map.....

Places should be on the Mapping Priorities list if people know there
is something missing and want help with sorting out. No matter how
hight the "score" is.  Its more of a Bug list or Fix Me list rather
than a this area is not well mapped list. Perhaps we need a top 10
best mapped Towns in Uk and a 10 Worst mapped. Perhaps the places that
most need mapping are the ones not on the list at all!

In theory nothing will ever graduate from the list just become less of
a priority for improvement over something else.

After all something is always changing, Houses falling off Cliffs, new
houses being built, after all even OS have to go out and map some
areas again once a every couple of months.... (Been watching too much
Coast)

Peter