[Talk-GB] Underground Pipelines

Brian Prangle bprangle at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:14:10 GMT 2009

We have several oil terminals just to the E of Birmingham and wandering
around the countryside I come across loads of pipeline markers. In places
there are enough to join them up with man-made=pipeline ways. My problem is
how to tag the direction of flow. The oil pipeline markers have the
direction of flow indicated on them ( gas ones don't). I've tagged the
pipelines as oneway=yes which results in mapnik rendering little blue arrows
in the countryside. Whilst this is to me ( who's mapped them) a good
indicator of the presence of a buried pipeline it will probably be
meaningless to any one else. Any opinions out there?

regards

Brian