[Talk-GB] Adding some additional building around theAngel areaof London?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Nov 11 12:52:36 GMT 2009

On 11/11/2009 12:40, Peter Miller wrote:
> I do also agree with Richard in that there are numerous possible map
> styles emphasising many different sorts of features in a lot of
> different languages

Sure, but there are some that are so iconic they are the expectation.
And as others said and have said many times before, there's a case for
important local symbols on a generic map, and also a case for local
style renderings for the world so you get symbols familiar in your
culture, like the old-fashioned shieldy things the USA uses to signpost
its roads.

> Are you going to send a similar email to National Rail?

I'll wait to see what TfL says and then maybe make wider approaches.

I researched this yesterday: tyhe double arrow logo is actually
copyright to the DfT and licensed to ATOC and presumably National Rail.

David