[Talk-GB] "OS boundaries and 'mid-level' mapping data to be released for free re-use including commerically"

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Nov 17 18:30:55 GMT 2009

2009/11/17 Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu>

> "Data relating to electoral and local authority boundaries as well as
> postcode areas would be released for free re-use...

I might be unduly skeptical, especially thinking about some of the people
now advising the Government on this, but I wonder if the consultation
exercise will still end up fudging the "free" part, i.e. not quite going for
a blanket "do what you want" license to get around any copyright and other
possible legal restrictions.

Still, great if it happened, about time too.

Tom