[Talk-GB] London landuse=* request for help

Christopher Osborne chris.gaijin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:11:58 GMT 2009

Hi Tim

I do think this is a good use of mappers time, personally I'm interested in
hyper-local mapping (or whatever trendy tag someone thinks up).

This is what I've been doing for my local area in London:

http://osm.org/go/euu7Sqqu--

With local knowledge it is quite trivial to markup landuse around you.

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:59:42 +0000
> From: TimSC <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk>
> Subject: [Talk-GB] London landuse=* request for help
> To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working on doing a first estimate tracing of landuse in the
> Greater London/M25 area. I think it is good to have this admittedly
> imperfect starting point and it can be refined based on local knowledge
> or survey as we go. I have now traced more than 50% starting from
> Dartford, working clockwise and I am now north of Heathrow. However, the
> remaining tracing will take one person weeks or months.
>
> If people are willing, can people trace landuse for anywhere in the
> remaining London area? If we have a group doing this, we can make the
> map look much more consistent and, I think, more useful too. It will
> give us something to do if it is cold and raining this winter.
>
> I am holding fire on tracing the centre because it is very dense in
> features.
>
> TimSC

> End of Talk-GB Digest, Vol 38, Issue 21

Christopher Osborne