[Talk-GB] Royal Mail lawyers demand closure of postcode lookup site

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Oct 6 14:24:23 BST 2009

2009/10/6 OJ W <ojwlists at googlemail.com>:
> First strike! [jobcentre-plus seem to have been using this data].  Two
> more, and we should cut-off the government's internet connection ;)

Actually I think its more along the line of a company that knows its
head is on the line.

The SCO stuff a few years ago spring to mind.

I'm wondering who has actually made there subscription charge for this
data, and I wonder how long it will be before loads of Local Councils
are having trouble with Council Tax and deciding which school is the
closest.....

Peter